Who doesn’t LOVE the sound of combining “skinny” & “alfredo”?? Well lucky for you, I have an amazing recipe to share.The recipe is super easy to make, & the alfredo sauce will last you for a couple of weeks depending on how often you use it.
Thank goodness too, because I make this easily once a week!
& I know I know, you’ll see in the ingredients that I am kind of contradicting myself by pouring vegan sauce all over my chicken, but that’s not my point! This recipe is all about the good stuff your body needs for a nutritious balanced dinner. This recipe is super high in protein with over 30 (g) of protein per serving, as well as being super low in carbs & fat.
The main ingredients the Alfredo sauce are water, cashews, fresh garlic, salt, black pepper, rosemary, raw sugar, & natural cocoa butter.
In the recipe I give you the option to include sun dried tomatoes. I opted out this time ony because Colton hates sun dried tomatoes, but I think it really does make the recipe that much better!
Also, I thought about setting the table really nicely for some more pictures for you guys….butttt I had a bottle of wine and the Bachelorette waiting for me on the couch!:)
Skinny Chicken Alfredo
2 large 8 oz chicken breasts (seasoned to your liking)
1 1/2 cup of sliced mushrooms
1 half cup diced red onion
2 garlic cloves
1 large head of broccoli
1/4 cup sliced sun dried tomatoes (optional)
1 cup Vegan Alfredo
1 TBS of coconut oil
1) Season and cook chicken breasts to your liking. This is my favorite way to cook chicken. It leaves it so juicy. Chicken takes 25 minutes to cook.
2) While the chicken is cooking, chop up all the vegetables & steam the broccoli to soften.
4) Once chicken is finished, remove from pan to cutting board. Cut chicken into slices or as bite sized pieces.
5) In the same pan used to cook the chicken, add the garlic & onion. Cook for about 1 minute on medium heat.
6) Add the mushrooms & broccoli. Cook for about 5 minutes
7) Add the sliced chicken, alfredo, basil & oregano.
8) Cook for a about 3 more minutes on high heat.
SERVED BEST WITH RED WINE & NETFLIX 😉
Nutrition based on per serving// Servings Size: 4 // Calories: 290 // Fat (g): 12.7 // Carbs (g): 7.7 // Protein (g): 30.8 // Sugar (g): 2.8 // Sodium (mg): 425.2
I’m a fashion obsessed, fitness fanatic and self proclaimed interior designer. I love to travel, drink wine and spend time with my Fiancé and Golden Retriever.