I passed by these pants in Nordstrom’s probably 100x times before finally trying them on. They came with a matching top and it was almost unbearable to resist dragging them back to the dressing room with me. But every time I refrained.
I’ve seen culottes all over retailers pages. &&& let me tell you, they look so cute on those 6 foot models! But my 5 foot frame… not so much lol.
But none-the-less, I was determined and decided to try them on. At first, I paired them with the matching crop-top.
Haha, no. It looked horrible. Next I chose a really slimming tank. & check yes! So much better.
When I came out of the dressing room, I stood on my tallest tippy toes to show Colton what it would look like with heels. He still gave me “the look”. You know, the I really don’t get it, those pants make your butt like huge “look”. But I bought them anyways.
When we got home, I paired them with these really high sandals and I got the approval! I’m honestly so obsessed with them. They are perfect for a date night!
(1) Wear a slimming shirt to balance out the mass amounts of fabric of the pants.
(2) Pick a elongated shoe like a high heeled pump or sandal. Key word high. Nothing under 4″.
(3) Pick a skinny purse. Like I said above because there is so much fabric, a large purse could be over bearing.
(4) Go light on the jewelry. These pants already take up half your body, so let them go ahead and steal the show. Too much jewelry would drown you.
(5) Rock them! So what you’re a shorty. You still look like a model in my book 🙂
Also, these are the earrings that came in my Rocks Box this month! If you’re interested in Rocksbox, you can get one month free with my code lifetolaurenxoxo